Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Scares the Dog??

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sekhalaf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not sure if this is a “thing”, but ever since I added video doorbell to my existing digital chimes, my dog has been out of sorts. Used to go crazy tail wagging barking when doorbell rings; now with Arlo tail goes down, runs away and shakes like a leaf. Is there something with the high frequency communications btw doorbell and chimes?? Anyone else?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sekhalaf wrote:
 Is there something with the high frequency communications btw doorbell and chimes?? Anyone else?

Not sure where the "high frequency communications" idea comes from, but I've never heard it from Arlo.  AFAIK, the power module simply diverts power that would normally go through the chimes, in order to prevent the chimes from ringing or vibrating when the doorbell isn't being pressed.  I believe it does sense current flow through the circuit, but that doesn't require any special communications.

Is the doorbell chime setting set to "digital"?

Assuming yes, then one option is to simply replace the transformer - especially if it is old.  My own system was misbehaving (the power module wasn't working correctly) until I swapped it out - even though it was within the specs.

Sekhalaf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for attempted response. Yeah my issue is that my dog some reason gets super scared now anytime I ring Arlo or if she is sitting at front door or in entry foyer between Arlo and the chime box. I figured it was emitting some type of high frequency sound that I could not hear, but dog hears and is bother by. Hmmm
Could be that upon first setup I only had the digital “chime” set for 4 seconds so it would start and then abruptly end with a weird “thump” sound because it was not completing the full melody. Maybe it was that sound. I fixed that. Not making that weird sound. So maybe dog needs to readjust to absence of that disturbing brief sound. It was a bit of disturbing sound if you’ve heard it.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation