Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Conflicted
Follower
Follower

I’ve got an Arlo system with 4 cameras and a base station along with a wired video doorbell. I’ve been struggling with the doorbell for weeks and have just about had it. When I reset power via the breaker the doorbell will turn on and work perfecty for a day or two, then it shuts down until I reset the power again. 

I’ve noticed it’s getting hot to the touch and I’m concerned. I’ve already tried replacing the transformer and the power is within its operating range. I’ve confirmed it’s connected properly and I’ve talked with Arlo support about it and they were generally unhelpful.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was going to suggest the transformer as the possible problem but you've already addressed that. The only other possibility seems to be the doorbell itself so you need to keep pestering support for a replacement. I'll tag the moderators here on this, too. @JamesC and @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Conflicted Do you have the case number from this support conversation?

Thanks  

JoelM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Tried replacing the transformer too. Also got a new doorbell from arlo with the same issue. Doorbell appears to be overheating and shutting off. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @JoelM 

Please reach out to the support team to update them on your replacement cameras issue. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Mbart00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got the same issue. Not the transformer but the doorbell is very hot to the touch. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mbart00 Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation