Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Lynkage
Guide
Guide

Hello all,

From the research I have done, it looks like you need to share the AVD for others to see video from it and receive calls. I have not however been successful is sharing this with my wife. It also says I need to give admin access for others to receive a call. That was not for the AVD but for the AAD. If this is true I think Arlo should re-think their approach to this. Lots of us have kids and teens that need to see who is at the door but do not need to be able to change settings. 

Can someone give any insight to this issue I am experiencing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please note that it could take up to 1 hour for users who have been newly granted access to start receiving Arlo Video Doorbell calls and notifications. Please let us know if you still continue experiencing an issue 1 hour after having newly set up shared access using the grant access feature.

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lynkage,

Each person needs to have their own account with access to the doorbell to utilize these features. For more information on how to do this, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Lynkage
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply,

We have followed the instructions explicitly in the post that you linked to without success. They can go to the devices page and see the video/audio but do not get notification of any call being made from the doorbell.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lynkage,

To receive the call on the device that has been granted access, they must be logged into the Arlo app. Are they logged in when the doorbell is pressed? Are you receiving the call on the primary device without issue?

JamesC

KWozniak1
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue. My husband granted me access to the doorbell but when we test it out and ring it, it only calls his phone. I feel like it shouldn’t be this complicated. Please advise
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KWozniak1,

Ar you logged in to the app when you're testing? To receive the calls from the doorbell, you must be logged in to the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

KWozniak1
Initiate
Initiate

yes. We have tried everything and I have even read the posts in the community. nothing seems to be working. I feel like it should not be this complicated and better instructions need to be provided

Lynkage
Guide
Guide

Yes we have verified that the other users are logged into the app. Also had the app open and nothing. They can view video and audio (2 way) from all 8 of my cameras and the doorbell. 

Yes my phone gets the door bell ring.

Lynkage
Guide
Guide

BTW We are using IOS 13

Lynkage
Guide
Guide

I have now removed and reinstalled the app removed the doorbell and set it back up. Still will only ring my phone and no other.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

Tealkra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ditto what everyone else is saying. No joy having the doorbell call more than 1 phone after following set up directions and granting Admin rights to wife.

T

velmasue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same issue yesterday.  Called Arlo and they fixed us up.

Lynkage
Guide
Guide
What was the solution?
Grantonio
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem ... any solutions yet ?
TaylorC
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue, any solution?
Lynkage
Guide
Guide

James, any further developments with this issue? Can you tell us what is happening?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please note that it could take up to 1 hour for users who have been newly granted access to start receiving Arlo Video Doorbell calls and notifications. Please let us know if you still continue experiencing an issue 1 hour after having newly set up shared access using the grant access feature.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation