Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding Wife to view doorbell and get notifications

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hdtvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried numerous times share my video doorbell with my wife's iPhone so she can view doorbell and get notifications.  I have sent out numerous email invites which she has received and created an account to her email.

My account still shows her invite pending and the only option she has on her iPhone is to add new devices.

5 REPLIES 5
BillHenry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. 

I can't figure out what to do on my wife's iPad once I get through to that screen - it appears as if you have to reinstall the doorbell (and sync the chimes if you have them) all over again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To accept an invitation to view shared cameras, you must click the link provided in the invitation email and sign in to an account or create an account using the link. Afterward, the shared cameras will automatically be visible within the account.

For more information, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Hdtvee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James C.
Did what you recommended multiple times but the doorbell still does not show up on her phone. Still shows pending in my account.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hdtvee,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

BillHenry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying James.  It worked when I tried it again.  The device I was using  wasn’t recognized when I was logging in as my wife and I hadn’t waited long enough after recognizing/accepting the device for the arlo process to finish in the invitation acceptance screen.  Once that happened and the message came up about going to the App Store (With the message at the end saying log into the app if it had already been created), I was then able to leave that screen and log into the arlo app itself and the doorbell etc appeared.

A number of new users seem to have this problem.  Perhaps the message on the screen that comes up when the invitation has been accepted (or perhaps in the email invitation itself) could be re-written or expanded with more detail.  This might reduce the frustration and negative feelings about Arlo generated by this difficulty

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation