Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Arlo video doorbell with no subscription, as 6th device?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ryangunther
Tutor
Tutor

Hello - so i currently have 5 arlo pro cameras on a VMB4000 base station using local storage and have no subscription.   I was told that when i added my video doorbell and the trial ended, that i would be required to purchase at minimum a single device plan for my video doorbell since it was the 6th device on my base station.  Well - I cancelled my free trial on the video doorbell, and all 6 devices are still working just fine.  I can view, stream, and get notification for all 6 cameras - and I have no subscription service.   I have verified that it is recording video from all devices to my local storage device as well.   Can anyone answer this, as even arlo keeps telling me that it will require a subscription when i add the 6th camera - however, i have been able to add/remove my video doorbell several times without issue.  All 5 arlo pros + my video doorbell are all still working as expected.

2 REPLIES 2
WAlmonte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why are you even questioning this!!!??? Be happy it works given Arlo told you it shouldn't!!!

I purchased a 6 camera set and subscribed to that subscription which they don't have any longer. When my sub expired one camera stopped working. That was fine except that was the camera in a location I didn't need. When I deactivated that camera thinking that the 5th one could be activated, I was wrong. I should've just moved the other camera!!! Now I need to buy a sub to activate my 5th camera which completely sucks!!! Arlo should allow customers to freely connect all the devices that come with the purchased set!!! Fine if they don't store videos without a subscription, but customers should have the option!!!

ryangunther
Tutor
Tutor

Oh i 100% agree, and believe me im not complaining that its working - I just wanted to make sure that say after a week or so of it working its stops; or that because i cancelled my free 90-day trial, i dont get the cloud storage or other sub features, but perhaps it still left the video doorbell working for 90 days.  Wasn't sure if anyone else ran into this.  

I agree that you most definitely should not have to purchase a subscription just to add and use the camera's that you  already purchased from arlo in the first place - regardless of how many you have.  I can definitely see charging subscription fees for cloud service and advanced feature sets, but not to just connect and have basic use of the camera and/or local storage.   

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation