Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell. Will the doorbell work without a subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WaterB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an Arlo Pro camera system and want to add the doorbell but do not want a subscription, Will the doorbell work without a subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but cloud recordings won't happen. You can record them locally on a USB thumb drive connected to your base once properly set up but you'll need to safely eject the drive to see the recordings on a computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but cloud recordings won't happen. You can record them locally on a USB thumb drive connected to your base once properly set up but you'll need to safely eject the drive to see the recordings on a computer.

WaterB
Aspirant
Aspirant
So if the doorbell sees activity or someone presses it and I don’t answer immediately, I will have to go home eject the thumb drive and plug into my computer just to see who it was? It doesn’t save recordings even for a few hours?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's an issue between the older base and the app. You can remotely view local recordings when using a VMB4540 or higher (newer) base/hub. The VMB4000 and 4500 will record but the app can't access them. Dunno if that's just a firmware issue that will ultimately be resolved or if it's a hard stop based on hardware.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation