Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001Video Doorbell continual connectivity issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Schoolmarm
Follower
Follower

I have had my Arlo AVD1001 video doorbell for almost 7 months. Prior to my purchase of this doorbell, I researched all brands for hours. I narrowed down, compared, second-guessed myself, and repeated the process. The Arlo doorbell was "the best fit" from all published data..., then I had to convince my husband. However, after hours of effort trying to resolve connectivity issues, I am admitting defeat. I have also contacted Arlo support numerous times. The irony is that one of the most attractive selling points for me was that Arlo and Netgear have partnered with the creation of this doorbell and I already have a Netgear router with a high-speed, reliable  internet connection. It all seemed so simple....  I have tried every suggestion from Arlo and the community except going into my router settings to open a port just for Arlo.com. I am just not tech-savvy enough to do this,  and I don't think I SHOULD have to go this far to "maybe" enable reliable connectivity of the doorbell.  I'm "done."  My belief is still that reliable, sustainable connectivity of the video+audio doorbell to my phone is most important for safety and peace-of-mind, but the Arlo brand is not this product.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Schoolmarm,

What exactly are you experiencing? Are you seeing a specific error message? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JamesC

ABSNY
Guide
Guide
Here is a possible solution. I spent a year having the same problem, talking to tech support and in another thread that was closed as “solved”.

Anyway I just spent 3 months troubleshooting my home network. It was intermittently cutting out for just a second or two at a time but it did it several times an hour. End up I had a bad Ethernet cable going to a security camera. I swapped it out and now network has been 100% for 16 hours so far, vs 10-20 min before.

Anyway, my arlo doorbell that’s had connectivity issues since day 1 is now connecting quickly. It seems more sensitive to these types of momentary disruptions. My cameras weren’t impacted (diff brand).

Download a internet connectivity monitor - I’m using a free Chrome plugin and let it run. Could be the problem.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation