Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
shannonp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Once again, my activity zones are being ignored and I get double notifications for any type of movement. Every time a car or pedestrian goes by, I get a double notification. This started this morning for me. I haven't touched my activity zones in a very long time before this.

I tried checking my activity zones to make sure they're not anywhere near the street, and they're not. I even made them slightly smaller. I also restarted the device. But I'm still being notified twice about everything. Please fix this. This bug reoccurs way too much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud team is currently investigating these reports and making an adjustment that should alleviate the issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
SigAddict
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today I am having the exact same issue. It totally ignores my activity zone and I get double alerts from every detection. This is beyond frustrating as I have street out front of my house that constantly has cars going by. I'm going to have to disable notifications as it's going off all the time. This obviously defeats the purpose of having the camera.

This never happened until today.

I did try deleting the original activity zone and remaking it, but it is still ignored.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud team is currently investigating these reports and making an adjustment that should alleviate the issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

SigAddict
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, it does seem to be acting much better/normal now.

ayckc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. The activity zones are being ignored as well as my preferences on smart notifications. Any motion is setting off my doorbell alerts
npmeyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still experiencing this today.
SigAddict
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this was fixed and is again happening today. Ignoring zones and double alerts.

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just chiming in. Zone is ignored. Even deleted and recreated it. Every car that goes by is recorded and the zone is nowhere near the street.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud fix for this issue has been released and you should be seeing the results of the fix now. You may need to remove and reapply activity zones and toggle your smart alerts now that the fix is available. Please let us know if you are still seeing inaccurate smart alerts and/or motion being detected outside your activity zones.

Thank you,

JamesC

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Does seem to have helped, thanks., Not getting every car that goes by recorded.
Idaho-2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Begging you to fix this. Tried resetting notifications and re-creating the activity zones. Still getting double notifications for cars that are well outside the activity zone. Your product doesn't work as it should.
ayckc
Aspirant
Aspirant
The activity zones are still being ignored and the amount of motion being picked up is probably worse. But the smart notifications are less frequent.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Idaho-2022, ayckc

Could you provide some time stamps for when these events occured?  (example: 10:37 PM EST 03/16/2022)

Thank you,

JamesC

Idaho-2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe they started at around 3:50am yesterday morning 3/16/22 and continued many times through the night, keeping me up. There were more through the day yesterday, but I couldn't give a specific time. Then I muted all notifications last night so I could sleep.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Idaho-2022 wrote:
I believe they started at around 3:50am yesterday morning 3/16/22 and continued many times through the night, keeping me up. There were more through the day yesterday, but I couldn't give a specific time. Then I muted all notifications last night so I could sleep.

What time zone are you in?

Idaho-2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, Pacific time zone.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Idaho-2022,

Thank you for the information. The team is currently investigating this. I will provide another update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

ayckc
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s been all day, over 100 notifications. The most recent batch has been 77 starting around 3:30 until now at 5:50 cst.
SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just to add a bit of info, my issue did clear up early this week. The doorbell cam was picking up cars as they drove by on the street, way outside the zone. Day and night, but not a super busy street. That did seem to clear up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The team has found and resolved a cloud issue that was causing this behavior. Please monitor your cameras and let me know if you experience better results moving forward.

Thanks,

JamesC

ayckc
Aspirant
Aspirant
The activity zones continue to be ignored. Also I have set push notifications to be people and animals and the ones I get are motion. This issue continues to not be resolved.
pmt703
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here with a new wireless doorbell. Activity zone completely ignored. Deleted other zones just down to one focused narrowly on our landing. Doorbell still gives double notifications for cars driving by or people on the opposite sidewalk that are well outside the zone. Just ridiculous.

Upgraded to this camera because we had so many issues with the Blinks. 

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation