Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell stopped recording events after 1 second

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cdrran1
Follower
Follower

I’ve have had my Arlo doorbell installed and working for almost a year. A few days ago doorbell stopped recording events after 1 second. I’m using a 2.4Ghz WiFi network. I have an Arlo Pro camera connected to the network and it’s functioning normally. I reset the doorbell in accordance with the instructions. Everything works according to the instructions until I press the doorbell. I immediately get the connection chime that I’m supposed to hear after the doorbell camera scans the QR code. When put the QR code in front of the camera I don’t hear the chime and the connecting to WiFi times out after about 2 minutes. I saw the slow blinking white lights after the Reset. I also saw the slow blinking white lights while the doorbell was trying to connect to the WiFi. I even tried holding the QR code in front of the camera when I first press the doorbell. I get the chime but it never connects. I’ve read and reread the instructions. I’ve tried to connect the doorbell numerous time but it has timed on each try.

1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I may be stating the obvious but firstly did you reset following these instructions?

https://www.arlo.com/en_dk/support/faq/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Then are you sure that your phone is on the same wifi network who's SSID you are wanting to use for the doorbell?

Are you entering the SSID by hand or are you selecting it from a list?

Are you sure that you have the password correct?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation