Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001-100NAS Essential Wired Doorbell -Complete Disappointment

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SF-Ranger
Follower
Follower

Not a discussion - just a comment on a poor product and company (in my experience).

This doorbell never worked properly. Annoying notifications because the motion sensitivity did not adjust. I finally turned it off. On a warm day, the chime stopped working. Never worked again even after cooling down. I reset the device and could not get the device back on the App. It is dead.

Customer support is a joke. The online service doesn't work. No contact info to get an RMA for activating the Warranty. I finally tested support@arlo.com and it didn't bounce back. No response yet. 

So, I plan to get a nice wired doorbell and a peep-hole viewer and go back to a simple and reliable system.

The device and company is a disappointment. Do not recommend them at all.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally you reach support using the app - if the doorbell is in your account and you have a subscription, then you will see a phone option in the support section.  I don't believe that they are monitoring the email address you used.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in hopes that they will assist by creating a support case for you.

I realize that you don't want to start a big discussion, but I do want to comment on this part:

@SF-Ranger wrote:

Annoying notifications because the motion sensitivity did not adjust.

Many folks do get tripped on this - they mistakenly assume that the setting in the motion detection test applies to doorbell's operation.  That's a different setting (in the mode for the doorbell).

Another aspect is that since the doorbell cannot be aimed, often activity zones are useful in reducing unwanted notifications and recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation