Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Video Doorbell installed perfectly, but stopped working within 30 minutes.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Mjgraci89
Guide
Guide

I received my video doorbell (AVD1001) & installed it without much difficulty.  Found the network, updated the firmware & actually received three motion alerts.   After about 30 minutes, I received an Arlo System Update e-mail push of a "low battery detected - 12%".   Which is weird as I don't think it has a battery.  I checked the App & it reported the Doorbell was no longer connected to my WiFi.

I followed the instructions to reconnect (failed), used the reset pin (failed).  In both cases, the doorbell LED would not light up.  Rechecked the voltage coming up from the transformer (approx 17.5 V).  Then I removed the device from the App & started over.  Still the LED ring would not light up to sync or pair.

Contacted ARLO through chat, the agent really couldn't help me, but scheduled a call for tomorrow AM.   

26 REPLIES 26
acqflisu
Tutor
Tutor
My doorbell is now working quite well. From my last update, I had a loose connection in the door chime. My recipe for success was an upgraded transformer and getting rid of the diode in the doorbell.
acqflisu
Tutor
Tutor

It took me 2 months and 3 doorbell exchanges to finally get something that worked (see link on bottom if interested).  The doorbell worked fine for over a year.  Now, it is completely dead.  I became a pretty good expert in my early trouble shooting and nothing works.  It has 20V power.  Won't light up, won't reset, I disconnected/reconnected power, nothing.  Unfortunately, I think I'm done with Arlo.  It's past warranty and I've had more troubles than value.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/ARLO-Video-Doorbell-installed-perfectly-but-stoppe...

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation