Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 doorbell cameras only record live but don't record to library. It notifies every movement to phone

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 2 Arlo video doorbells (wired AVD 1001 & wireless AVD 2002)  that were installed in April 2021 & worked really fine until we replaced our old router with a new dual band router 2.4 & 5 mhz. in mid-August.  After struggling without much support I got both cameras working to notify us on our iPhones of movement at each door and we can watch the live video any-time, but these doorbells will no long record to our Arlo library for either doorbell.  We still have been paying for Arlo library service each month, since mid-August, without receiving any service of recording our video scenes to each camera's library.  We need to know how to connect our Arlo account that we are paying for each month to these video doorbells WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE DOORBELLS  ANY LONGER.  I have done that process numerous times !!! Trying to reconnect the doorbells has been HELL !!!  I don't want to restart that process over again.  I just need Arlo Technologies to recognize that we have an existing account that we are paying for but receiving no library recorded services.  Not being able to talk to a live representative to correct this problem is a real pain in the ass.  I've been trying to hook up these doorbells in a trial & error fashion for the past 3 months on my own with little help from Arlo.  Arlo Support basically has not been helpful.  In fact, I discourage people from buying Arlo products because of the poor Arlo Support service, not because of the quality of the hardware which is actually very good.  We were in our local Sam's Club the other day and someone was looking at Arlo equipment & I recommended they look for a different system because of such poor Arlo Support help.  I'd like to be able to say that Arlo helped me re-set-up my doorbells to function as they used to do, but so far, I have not received any useful help. Arlo78eye/RRR

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are getting notifications, then the doorbells are connected to your account.

When you log into the Arlo app (or my.arlo.com on a PC) are you seeing the two doorbells?

From your description, it sounds like your problem is that the two doorbells are no longer listed in your subscription.  You can check that by going into "manage camera" on the subscription page.

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB (Guru) you are correct. I see 2 doorbells on both my iPhone and PC.  The cameras are armed but not active.  I went to manage camera and looked at subscription and they are not listed.  At one time they were listed as inactive, but now they don't even show up so I can't dag them into the active zone.  Please help and advise. Arlo78eye/RRR

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB(Guru), Obviously I'm a new user so I may have written to you a couple of times.  Under my devices it indicates both doorbells are armed.  On my Arlo App on either my iPhone or my PC we can see 2 doorbells and they can show live video but again, nothing records to the library.  I went to "manage camera" and then to "Subscription" and Arlo Secure  has "0 of 2 cameras participating."  When I tried to drag a camera to put it in "Active Cameras"  where it says, "Move camera here," there is nothing to move.  Under Inactive Cameras, my 2 doorbell cameras are no longer listed.  They were listed a month or more ago under this Inactive Camera category when I was trying to get them to record to the library, but now there is nothing - blank space.   I'm not sure what to do to get the subscription to recognize my 2 doorbell cameras' output.  I know I do not want to try to start all over again if I don't absolutely have to because I had extreme trouble getting Arlo to recognize the doorbells in the first place. My days of trial and error trying to get them to recognize the doorbells.  I prefer not to have to redo that process again if possible.  Arlo78eye/RRR

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlo78eye wrote:

On my Arlo App on either my iPhone or my PC we can see 2 doorbells and they can show live video but again, nothing records to the library.  I went to "manage camera" and then to "Subscription" and Arlo Secure  has "0 of 2 cameras participating."  When I tried to drag a camera to put it in "Active Cameras"  where it says, "Move camera here," there is nothing to move.  Under Inactive Cameras, my 2 doorbell cameras are no longer listed.

Hmm - of course they should be there.

Are you perhaps using a "friend" account instead of the primary account?

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do see 2 doorbell images for each doorbell live (not recording) and yes both of our doorbells are no longer listed on our subscription.  I tried to load them on unsuccessfully. So now I would appreciate help how to get the Arlo Subscription to recognize our 2 doorbells.  Thanks, Arlo78eye/RRR

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not that I am aware of.  I think I am on our main account.  I don't think we ever set-up a friend account unless it was by accident.  Arlo78eye/RRR

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear StephenB(Guru): on my iPhone, I went to Arlo and opened up "Setting" and then went down to "Subscription" and looked in there.  Settings say: "Arlo Secure: Arlo Smart Premier Single Camera (0) ; 0 of 2 camera(s) participating." Hence, StephenB (Guru), I assume that Arlo Smart is not recognizing our 2 doorbells even though they are working great and we receiving literally over 100's of Arlo Motion Detections on our iPhones daily - a bit annoying.  How do we get the subscription to recognize our 2 doorbells without removing them and starting all over again, or is removing and starting all over again the only way.  I am afraid of removing them and then having to order another Arlo Smart subscription to get them to work and then we would be paying for 2 Arlo Smart Subscriptions which would be redundant.  It would be nice to talk with a live person to get them to have Arlo Smart recognize our 2 doorbells, but that seems like an impossibility.  Can you help us get the Arlo Smart system to recognize our doorbells so that they will start recording motion into our empty library (been empty now for more than 3 months).  Arlo78eye/RRR 

Arlo78eye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear StephenB (Guru): Going to Manage Arlo Smart page on mu iPhone it shows no Active nor Inactive Cameras, so am I correct in assuming that when we installed our new router which then required a new network that Arlo Smart kicked us off their subscription list?  It sure seems like that's what happened.  How do we get back on the subscription list without buying a new subscription to another Premier Single Camera subscription or upgrading to a more expensive plan that we don't need or would ever use.  Arlo78eye/RRR

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo78eye,

If you're seeing 0 of 2 cameras participating, that indicates no devices are currently utilizing your subscription. Try logging in to your Arlo account from a PC at: https://my.arlo.com/#/login

Navigate to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras and drag the doorbells from the "No Plan" area to your subscription plan.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlo78eye wrote:

I went to Arlo and opened up "Setting" and then went down to "Subscription" and looked in there.  Settings say: "Arlo Secure: Arlo Smart Premier Single Camera (0) ; 0 of 2 camera(s) participating."

Normally you select "Manage Cameras" from that screen.  There is a list of devices not in a plan on that page, and you drag a device up to add it to the plan.  You can also do this from my.arlo.com (PC browser) - dragging the camera with the mouse.

But you'd need to have either 2 single camera subscriptions (or the unlimited camera subscription) to add both doorbells.

Still, you should add at least one, and make sure it solves your problem.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation