Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

doorbell modes/ camera sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jtracy42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel utterly crazy.  The sensitivity on the doorbell camera is WAY to high.  Every passing car sets it off.  I have found in the manual that you can adjust sensitivity under "device utilities" after clicking the gear or by clicking the pencil under modes.  Device utilities does not exist as an option for me on the website or the app.  The only pencil icon I have under modes is to modify the schedule.  Nor can I see a way to add a mode like the user manual suggests.  I don't understand why I can't see ANY OF THESE OPTIONS!!!  This doorbell is utterly useless if it is going to detect everything or nothing.  I literally get notifications every minute since I live in the front of a subdivision so cars are constantly driving by.

Screenshot_20211201-173609_Arlo.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtracy42 wrote:

The only pencil icon I have under modes is to modify the schedule.  

You should also be able to edit the armed mode, and change the motion sensitivity in the camera rule there.

Are you using the primary account?  Or are you using a "friend" account?

jtracy42
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband added me so I am under a friend account... I will look for these settings under his account. Is there a way of changing mine to not a friend? Or only one account can modify camera settings?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtracy42 wrote:
Is there a way of changing mine to not a friend? Or only one account can modify camera settings?

Only the primary account can modify some settings.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation