Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cljones81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello everyone, I purchased and installed my arlo video doorbell yesterday, everything was fine. But today I am unable to connect to live view on any of my devices (mobile, fire tablet or via pc browser). Either endlessly connecting or a pc message unable to communicate with this device. I had high hopes that this would be better than my ring 3 and in terms of battery life it is. But this is turning out to be equally as frustrating.

My set up is 350mb download and 42 mbs upload at the router.

The WiFi signal is then extended via a TP -Link AC2600 and the doorbell is getting a 104mb down and 32mb up, verified via speed test conducted outside by the doorbell.

Please help and thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cljones81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've replaced my faulty ring with another and all problems are solved, live view in 2 seconds and battery is fantastic. Arlo doorbell is better in many ways but definite issues that need sorting.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance there's other 2.4GHz wireless devices near the doorbell?

cljones81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, there is no other device near the doorbell. It connected once this morning but took 20 SECONDS which is ridiculous and went back to not connecting. I've had video calls that haven't dropped a frame and now, a doorbell refuses to connect from 0.5 metre away.

Not fit for purpose unless I'm missing something truly obvious.

Thanks again.
cljones81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I've even tried to download previous versions of the android APK to see if that would help, it didn't. Hardly a security aid if it's quicker to crawl(I'm disabled) to the door than use live view, to see who's there.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A good first step for troubleshooting is to bring the doorbell closer to the hub or router to see if that makes a difference. Just dismount it from the door frame and bring it inside for this test.

cljones81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've replaced my faulty ring with another and all problems are solved, live view in 2 seconds and battery is fantastic. Arlo doorbell is better in many ways but definite issues that need sorting.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation