Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

avd2001 wifi connectivity issues and lag response

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo-userdo
Follower
Follower
Continue to test unit and it is between 15 to 25 seconds slow to start a live session. When pushing the doorbell it takes 5 to 10 seconds to initiate the call screen on phone. Many times by time you answer it fails. I have tried to initiate the install and connect directly to the 2.4ghz ssid and though it appears in the dhcp table the mobile device never finds the device. After many hours of testing, I have to connect to netgear dgnd3700 for for my mobile app to find it and save it to the list then switch my phone and change network to get the avd2001 to connect. I have tried less secure tkip, turned off firewalls, changed passwords to something with no special characters, spent off and on about 8 hours to no aval. By the time I am notified, the delivery has walked up the sidewalk, dropped off the package, and almost back down the path before I know. We only see the backside of the person. Once a person pushes the doorbell, by time we are notified the person is back on their car to leave. To say the least, I’m very disappointed with the unit and the amount of time it has taken for this tech savvy person. Anyone else have any suggestions? Then wifi assistance is off on my cell. I have tried airplane mode, I’ve disabled the 5ghz source to eliminate interference , the ssid source in question is 10ft away. I have found no ports to access device directly that would allow me a diag ability or to manually config.
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are on a subscription (including the trial subscription), then you could try Arlo support.  Use the support options in the app - don't attempt to google Arlo support (that will lead you to a scam support site somewhere).

@Arlo-userdo wrote:
After many hours of testing, I have to connect to netgear dgnd3700 for for my mobile app to find it and save it to the list then switch my phone and change network to get the avd2001 to connect. 

I'm not sure what the issue is with this bit.  The phone needs to be on the same network as the doorbell in order to onboard.  Can you explain more?

@Arlo-userdo wrote:
 I have tried less secure tkip 

That won't work, the doorbell needs wpa2 (AES)

@Arlo-userdo wrote:
I’ve disabled the 5ghz source to eliminate interference 

5 ghz wifi won't interfere with 2.4 ghz.  Arlo wants folks to disable 5 ghz while onboarding in order to make sure that the phone is connected to the same wifi as the doorbell.  FWIW, my router won't let me do that, and I still am able to onboard.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation