Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions about Arlo Doorbell Wire-free

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

If it's wire-free how does it send a signal to my 1930's wired doorbell box?

would I have to get some kind of Bluetooth doorbell box? if so where can you get them?

If I get a wire-free camera will I have to charge it?

would the wired arlo have to be charged ?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:

It doesn't need any wires.  But the AVD2001 is compatible with 8-24 volt ac systems.

There is a connection in the doorbell that can connect to your transformer+chime circuit (using the existing wiring).  The doorbell will trickle-charge its battery, and will ring the chime when pressed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:

It doesn't need any wires.  But the AVD2001 is compatible with 8-24 volt ac systems.

There is a connection in the doorbell that can connect to your transformer+chime circuit (using the existing wiring).  The doorbell will trickle-charge its battery, and will ring the chime when pressed.

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide
Does the doorbell pick up motion? Even if no one rings the doorbell will I be able to see who is on my porch or who has been on my porch? Honestly I don’t care about the doorbell it hasn’t worked for about the last 20 years but where the doorbell button is would be an excellent place for a small camera like this
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:
Does the doorbell pick up motion? 

Yes.  Note that cloud storage (so you can view the recording) requires a subscription ($2.99 per month is the current US cost).

@Paulmidi wrote:
Honestly I don’t care about the doorbell it hasn’t worked for about the last 20 years

That suggests that there could be a wiring or transformer issue.  The AVD2001 would be the better option then, as it can run off its battery (unlike the AVD1001).

Note your selected model in these posts is the audio doorbell (which has no camera). 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation