Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless doorbell angle of vision with Angled mounting bracket

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GC12GLADIATOR
Tutor
Tutor

During the initial install of my wireless doorbell which I mounted using the angled bracket, it asked me if I wanted the doorbell camera to beam its vision towards the left or towards the right. I unfortunately choose the wrong answer and it is now showing to much of my wall in its line of view. How can I modify this simple software choice and choose left instead of right? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, that's just a setup question that is meant to help you figure out how to use the angled bracket, not a software thing. The camera only records straight ahead based on the front face of the doorbell - it doesn't move or otherwise get adjusted for the view. I generally ignore the setup part and just use the bracket as needed.

Since you're using the bracket but need to get the wall from view (do you really need to do that?) I would suggest using something between the bracket and the door frame to change the overall angle to what you need.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's just a way to help get it set up initially, not a software thing. You can use (or not) the angled bracket as you wish at any time, changing the angle from left to right or the reverse. Remove the doorbell and bracket and install the angle bracket as desired.

GC12GLADIATOR
Tutor
Tutor
I have installed it with the optional angled bracket but during the installation the software asks you if you are going to use the angle bracket or not. If you tick yes, it then asks you to choose which angle you want the video camera to beam to. Towards the left or towards the right. I just want to change this software choice because it is now beaming the camera too much at a right angle.
GC12GLADIATOR
Tutor
Tutor

Although I used the angle mounting plate for the angle of view of my bell to be away from the wall on the right, as apparent in my screenshot, it is still too visible. Hence my question that during the setup, I might have chosen the wrong option on the phone app when it asked me which angle I wanted to choose (left or right) to get  the maximum field of view.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, that's just a setup question that is meant to help you figure out how to use the angled bracket, not a software thing. The camera only records straight ahead based on the front face of the doorbell - it doesn't move or otherwise get adjusted for the view. I generally ignore the setup part and just use the bracket as needed.

Since you're using the bracket but need to get the wall from view (do you really need to do that?) I would suggest using something between the bracket and the door frame to change the overall angle to what you need.

GC12GLADIATOR
Tutor
Tutor
Many thanks Jguerdat! Now I understand perfectly. Apologies for being à bit slow 😉
Well at least I now know I mounted it correctly as there are no software associated to the angle mount but just a “what’s best to do” when using it. Cheers!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation