Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RobValenz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras connected at home.  Three of them Ultra 2 work perfectly and are always connected to wifi.  However, the Doorbell wire free AVD2001 frequently disconnects from the wi fi every 1 or 2 weeks, "Your Arlo device appears offline", eventhough is the one closest to the router. 

The only way to reconnect is to remove it, reset it and set it up from scratch.

I am very disappointed with this, I travel frequently and it is very annoying to lose the functionality of the most critical camera at home.

Any suggestion how to resolve this failures?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobValenz wrote: 

the Doorbell wire free AVD2001 frequently disconnects from the wi fi every 1 or 2 weeks, "Your Arlo device appears offline",

The only way to reconnect is to remove it, reset it and set it up from scratch.

1. Is it connected via the smarthub, or is it directly connected to your home wifi?
  2. Is the doorbell getting power from the transformer, or is it running only on battery?

Have you tried just pulling the battery, waiting 10 seconds or so, and then reinserting it?

RobValenz
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it is not connected to a Smarthub. 

No, I haven’t tried disconnecting the battery.  I will try next time it disconnects. 

crumbdav
Aspirant
Aspirant

is is REALLY the best solution for this?  Arlo can't be smart enough to reconnect itself to the wifi that it was programmed to connect to?

Me personally I haven't had my Arlo 2 wireless doorbell go for more than 12 hours without disconnecting.

Arlo if you are out there, PLEASE FIX THIS!  This shouldn't be difficult!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@crumbdav

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

RobValenz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried pulling the battery for 30 secs and then reinserting it.

It got connected by itself and maintained the configuration once the battery was back in place.

Any further suggestions?  Still it disconnects from the wifi, it took longer this time, 1.5 months but anyway it is a problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation