Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't get wireless doorbell camera to re-sync to base station

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had successfully added to my device list last week. Removed it to troubleshoot a problem. Now I can't get the doorbell camera to be recognized by the base station using the phone app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a call and zoom with an Arlo technician. We reset the doorbell by using the pin that came with it to press into a slot on the back of the doorbell above the battery. All good now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm having a similar issue. When I switched (was migrated) from the old interface to the new one my wireless doorbells were listed but unable to record. Initially they were connected to my hub so I removed them and set them up to connect to my WiFi. That worked fine for recording but I wanted to test the issue by removing one and connecting it back to my hub. All attempts now result in an "Internal Error" message which stops the onboarding process.

Is this what you're getting, too?

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

This started when someone came to the door and rang the doorbell. I was distracted and had trouble "ending the call" on my cell phone. Then the video image was frozen and I tried to get it back online. I removed the doorbell from my device list and tried to re add it to my device list. I go thru the procedures on the phone app but when I get to the last step I get a "no doorbells were found" message on the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tommm50

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup. I've stopped trying until I got some guidance.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had to remove my second wireless doorbell yesterday (rebooted my router and the doorbell became offline) and have the same issue - no doorbell found. My previously removed wireless doorbell still is found but can't be named (internal error) so mine are also dead in the water.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jguerdat

Your still experience this as well since posting correct?

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct.

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone from Arlo weighing in on this? Where's their customer support???

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I escalated this and the team is looking in to it, I requested for an update. 

I resent a QR code to your email to see if that helps with the onboarding while we wait for more info. 

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got an email from Arlo with a new QR code. Good try but same result.. Would uninstalling the Arlo app and then reinstalling it be worth a try?

tommm50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a call and zoom with an Arlo technician. We reset the doorbell by using the pin that came with it to press into a slot on the back of the doorbell above the battery. All good now. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tommm50

Jeff Let me know the good news, thank you for the update!

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation