Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
velstier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been having this issue for a while where I can see my own videos after they have been recorded,  but with others I shared the device with, it would keep giving them a video called “label” and doesn’t let them see the video. Please help, this is what my Mom’s Phone shows: 

velstier_0-1696457587445.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently users that have been shared access to a system can't view local recordings. Cloud recordings should be fine. Is that the issue or do you have a subscription so cloud recordings should be showing up?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@velstier wrote:

I’ve been having this issue for a while where I can see my own videos after they have been recorded,  but with others I shared the device with, it would keep giving them a video called “label” and doesn’t let them see the video. Please help, this is what my Mom’s Phone shows: 

Does your app show "Library" at the bottom?  Or does is show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Same question for your Mom's app.

velstier
Aspirant
Aspirant

For both of our apps, it shows ‘Dashboard” and “Feed”.

velstier
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do have the normal Secure plan that does include the cloud recordings though.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It sounds like you both are on different UI. Both accounts need to show feed. 

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Take a look at the app on your account and the app on your spouse's device and compare. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your mom.

Please let us know if this works.

velstier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both of our accounts have the same UI, showing both “dashboard” and “feeds.”

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

remove the authorized user and then re-add them and see if they are able to see the live feed after granting permission again. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation