Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Why does Arlo close support tickets when you instruct them to call you for support?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bnygord
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had a series of issues with my Alro products, thinking it was older hardware but the new hardware is even worse.  Anyway, I've been trying to resolve my doorbell issue that won't allow my doorbell to connect to my new base station.  I've chatted with them over their chat tool, they just tell me to install the doorbell using the app instructions but that doesn't work.  During that process, it asks to talk to a live agent, which when you click on that option just rings once and disconnects.  I want to speak to an actual person and when I ask for this in my support tickets they just close the ticket.  Good work support team!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bnygord wrote:

During that process, it asks to talk to a live agent, which when you click on that option just rings once and disconnects.  

When are you trying this? Phone support is only available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time. 

There is a phone support option in the app, so there is no need to start with chat.

@bnygord wrote:

Anyway, I've been trying to resolve my doorbell issue that won't allow my doorbell to connect to my new base station. 

Is this just a new base?  Or is it also a new doorbell?  

Also, is the doorbell currently connected to wifi?  Or is it not in the account?

bnygord
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this calling around 3pm CST on 10/11 & 10/13, during the doorbell installation/troubleshooting process.  Both attempts ended up with the same results, it rang once and disconnected.  This is why I requested in both support tickets I had open for someone to call me. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you go through these steps just to double check that all these steps have been done.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062328/My-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-wasn-t-found-during-setup-what-do-I-d...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation