Unable to add users to doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GBekker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a paid sub for Arlo doorbell. I can invite family via the app but when they click the link and create an account it requires then to buy a paid subscription. Is there a limitation on users per subscription? We are a family of 3, do we each need a paid subscription to use the doorbell?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No subscriptions needed but all users need to see the same interface. The current app supports both the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings as well as the new one that uses Feed. New users automatically get the new UI so yours may need to be migrated.

Once everyone is on the same UI, the guest accounts need to click on Home and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets their own Home location so they have to choose yours. Renaming Home on your account may make it easier to decide which one to click on.

GBekker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for my ignorance but I have no idea what you mean by UI.

I use an android phone and have the latest version of the app installed, so has my wife and my daughter.

My wife was able to accept the invite and she can view the camera. When my daughter accepts the invite, it seems to do something different and she is requested to buy a subscription and cannot continue further.

We all have Samsung mobiles (2 X S22s and 1 X S24) all running the same Andriod version and the same app version *28660 released 04/02/2024

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GBekker wrote:

When my daughter accepts the invite, it seems to do something different and she is requested to buy a subscription and cannot continue further.

Does your account show that she has accepted the invitation?  Or does it still show as "pending"?

I am guessing "pending".  If that is the case, try accepting it by clicking on "Create account" in the invite email on a PC.

That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  Since she already has an account, she just logs into it (completing the two factor authentication step).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation