Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trial Subscription - No way to cancel it?

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Zeewulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

All,

Just bought an Arlo Wire Free doorbell, paid for the subscription but the app or pc version doesn't give the me the option to cancel the trial subscription under manage subscriptions.  Even if I try and drag the camera to no plan it doesn't move or to the new plan.  Does this mean I'm going to lose 3 months of paid service because you can't cancel the trial period?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback, If the account has an active Arlo subscription, the option to cancel a trial is not available. Please let me now if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zeewulf wrote:

Does this mean I'm going to lose 3 months of paid service because you can't cancel the trial period?

You can cancel the trial.

But the paid service is the same as the trial, so it would have been better to just wait until the trial was over before subscribing.

Zeewulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated above, the app or pc version DOESN'T give me any option to cancel the trial.  I can ONLY cancel my paid subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zeewulf wrote:

As stated above, the app or pc version DOESN'T give me any option to cancel the trial.  I can ONLY cancel my paid subscription.

iPhone or Android?

When you look at the main screen in the app, are you seeing "Library"?  Or are you seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

Is this your only camera?  Or do you have other cameras that are not in the trial?

Zeewulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phone is Android, Android phone shows Devices - Library - Mode when using the app. I can go to subscriptions via settings but it only shows my secure plus plan and not the trial one.  The doorbell shows it's connected to the trial though.  Get the same thing if I log in via my PC. If i goto manage devices it says I can move my doorbell camera to another package by dragging it, but you can't drag it either in the app or via PC.

It's my only camera (wire free doorbell actually).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Zeewulf wrote:

If i goto manage devices it says I can move my doorbell camera to another package by dragging it, but you can't drag it either in the app or via PC.

Just looked again, and I agree that you can no longer cancel the trial subscription from the website.  I don't use Android, so I can't check that.

So you will just need to wait for the trial to expire.  Then you can move the camera to the plan.

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS ) to alert them that the instructions to cancel the free trial in this KB article are no longer correct:

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Zeewulf 

Is it possible to provide a screenshot of the Arlo app and web portal displaying the missing options? Is this occurring on Android or iOS?

LemboRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

The trial subscription appears on my phone where it says to manage the subscription on the web. On the web, the trial subscription does not appear.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 112820.jpgIMG_5826.PNG

Screenshot 2023-05-14 112129.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

I can also confirm the options to cancel the trial and move to my subscription are missing on both Web and iOS.

ChrisWheeler
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates on this? I also cannot cancel a 1 month single camera trial and add to my paid plan. 

merlynbc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was recent update that should help with this issue. If still applicable, you can try and cancel your trial period via the web portal. 

merlynbc
Aspirant
Aspirant

there doesn't seem to be any way to drag the new camera from its trial subscription into my regular subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was never a way to do that. You have to cancel the trial sub so you can then add the camera to the paid sub.

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

Ignoring the fact that it's ridiculous that you can't just move the camera to the paid subscription; how do you cancel the free trial? I'm missing where you do that.

When I click cancel my subscription the only option I have to select is the paid subscription I have.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@osiks5 wrote:

When I click cancel my subscription the only option I have to select is the paid subscription I have.

There used to be a way to cancel the trial, but that seems to have disappeared as they have rolled out the new "Feed" UI.  Hopefully they will add it back.

But there is no need to cancel the trial.  It should automatically roll over to your paid subscription when the trial ends - if it doesn't, you can add the camera manually to your subscription plan when that happens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess it's not there for whatever reason.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@osiks5 Did you check on the web portal?

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

Sure did, the option to move the camera that's in the Trial Subscription just isn't there and there's no way I see to cancel the trial.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 104440.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@osiks5 Thanks, I let the team know. 

jgh45
Aspirant
Aspirant

So… what did the team have to say? ‘Cause I’m still seeing the same thing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jgh45 

Have you checked on the web portal?

jgh45
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have and there’s the trial subscription doesn’t show up there:

jgh45_0-1694568448164.png

LemboRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a way to cancel trial subscriptions in the web version of the Arlo Secure app (the newest version). Go to "My Arlo Account" where you should see the option to cancel the trial subscription. I am using the version of Arlo Secure required by their security system. It may be that they are phasing out the older version of the app that is used only for cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation