Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Waitz
Guide
Guide

How do I create a rule where a motion on a Video Doorbell triggers a different camera to record an alternate view?

Re: https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You seem to be using the new UI which has Feed to view videos so go to Routines, edit a mode, edit a specific camera and then use Add an Action. Select Record Video and on the next step choose a different camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You seem to be using the new UI which has Feed to view videos so go to Routines, edit a mode, edit a specific camera and then use Add an Action. Select Record Video and on the next step choose a different camera.

Waitz
Guide
Guide

Ah, just add a second record video action. Great thank you

Waitz
Guide
Guide

The UI setup works, but the recordings on the secondary camera are not consistent - so movement on camera 1 doesn't always trigger a recording on camera 2.

Is there anything I am missing?

Camera 2 has its own movement triggers also - can that affect the first rule negatively?

Camera 1 rules:

gate.jpeg

Camera 2 rules

doorbell.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears correct to me but I would have to say that there have been posts previously (with the old UI) of cross-triggering not working or at least having issues. Perhaps that is happening.

There may also be an issue of the doorbell somehow having an issue between its normal trigger/record and the cross-triggering happening at the same time. That would take some testing to see if you can figure it out unless someone else has suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation