Secure Trial Active

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mattsdcubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently installed an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell and apparently have a Secure Trial that ends in April 2023.  I am able to have a live view and or answer the doorbell through the app on my phone.  That's all.  Did I miss something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattsdcubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am able to open the edit rules through the "Arm Home" mode.  Motion detection started working yesterday afternoon and I can now appreciate the trial.  Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
@mattsdcubs

I am able to have a live view and or answer the doorbell through the app on my phone.   That's all.  

Can you make a manual recording while live streaming?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mattsdcubs,

Check your active mode, if the camera is set to Standby, it won't record. For more information, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

JamesC

mattsdcubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, thank you.  With the "Arm Home" setting on and Activity Zones created there is no motion detection.  Everything is still manual. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mattsdcubs wrote:

Yes, thank you.  With the "Arm Home" setting on and Activity Zones created there is no motion detection.  Everything is still manual. 

If you look into the "Arm Home" mode (using the edit function), do you see a rule for the doorbell?

mattsdcubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am able to open the edit rules through the "Arm Home" mode.  Motion detection started working yesterday afternoon and I can now appreciate the trial.  Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation