• 4 In Conversation
dopeyarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried to buy a plan in the UK.

Site reverts to USA site.

Will not accept UK postcode

Cannot change USA site to UK site

Result - Cannot purchase a security plan!!

Rang UK telephone number, went through to Robert in Poland!

Spent twenty minutes without a resolution.

In my opinion and I honestly and genuinly believe, (from my experience) the company is a waste of time.

He blamed me for the problem - disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked to email with a contact - nothing.

Cannot recomend buring any of their products.

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue with purchasing a subscription? 

dopeyarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Without Prejudice

Good morning ShayneS.

I have resolved the matter and issues arising through my own effort; without any constructive help from Arlo and / or their support team. I am still awaiting a response to at least two updates I have posted! However, it is all academic, as I have worked through and resolved the difficulties, as I stated.

Notwithstanding my resolution I am extremely disappointed with Arlo as a whole, especially their “support”.

Fortunately, I am reasonable "tech savvy", but for individuals who are NOT, (no dis-respect) I do not envy their situation.

Notwithstanding that I am "up and running", I still do not have access to my main email account on Arlo at this juncture; it was necessary to generate another account! Fortunately, I have my own domain/s.

The whole saga was caused by Arlo systems registered the original account in the USA NOT the UK.

I have NO faith in the Company and will NOT expand the security system utilising Arlo; Furthermore, I will NOT be recommending Arlo; I will positively discourage anyone considering using Arlo.

In addition, I "lost" discounts on the "subscription" due to the "failures" by Arlo and their non-existent support.

Regards, and thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. What are the other issues you need assistance with? I'll do my best to assist you.  

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I believe there's no problem. The OP opened an account with Arlo US, rather than Arlo UK,and so ended up confusing themselves.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have this same problem! Am in the UK, Arlo purchased here but trying to update subscription and it's only allowing me to enter a US credit card... support is useless! Can you tell me how you resolved the issue? Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member I have escalated this for you & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43513026

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation