Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have followed more than 10 times the instructions and every time I get the same result. I have the 2.4Ghz connection, On IOS I closed the WIFI Assist, etc. and nothing. 

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you hearing the chime when the QR code is read?

If not, where in the process is it failing?

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can hear the chime after reading the QR code. The app starts looking for the door bell and it never finds it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TVee wrote:

Yes, I can hear the chime after reading the QR code. The app starts looking for the door bell and it never finds it. 

Is your WiFi network encrypted (WPA2)?  

Do you have special characters in the network name or password?

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have a space and a period in the network name. I will change them and see if this works. 

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I made the changes on the name of the Network and the same result. It does not find the doorbell. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TVee wrote:

Ok, I made the changes on the name of the Network and the same result. It does not find the doorbell. 

One poster found that when he used https://qifi.org/ to generate the QR code he was able to connect.

Seems like a long shot in your case, but it is maybe something you could try.

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for my ignorance, I should generate a QR code instead of the one from the APP? The QR code from the app is basically encoding the user and password in the QR code incorrectly? 

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, now I can see that the doorbell is connected to the network, but the App still does not find it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TVee wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, I should generate a QR code instead of the one from the APP? The QR code from the app is basically encoding the user and password in the QR code incorrectly? 

That was the idea.  But if the doorbell is on the network, it's not relevant here.

Another path that a poster used successfully was to creat a hotspot on their phone, and on-board the doorbell to the hotspot network.  Then after onboarding, they switched it to the actual wifi.

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I tried the hotspot, it did not work. I tried to set up with my iPad, it did not work. I am running out of options. 

Being that it is weird to the power supply (AC) not battery, should not be an issues right? 

TVee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I was able to solve it. Basically since i already had the doorbell connected to the AC power, I set up as if it was connected to an old chime. I went trough the set up and it worked. 

Thank you for all your help and ideas. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that attaching the wires to the wireless doorbell only keeps the battery charged. It doesn't run the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation