Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am not receiving notifications

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor

hi everyone,

i have a doorbell wire-free, in settings i've 3 members with "audio call and video from doorbell" toggle on but only 1 is actually receiving notifications (admin + 1 member out of 3)

is that normal?  i've already tried to deactivate and reactivate members, to delete and re-add them.. it seems to work 1  day and after some hours only 1 will receive every notifications from motion detection and calls

15 REPLIES 15
RandyH2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. I’m the admin and my wife is friend #1. I added a friend #2 and then notifications would only be pushed to the admin and friend #2. After I deleted #2 then #1 would get notifications again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on iOS or Android? Which version of the App is installed on the devices? 

montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor
Android devices with last version 3.6.5_28455.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do the devices have any settings on the phone set to force close/kill any apps or features? 

Did this issue occur on 3.6.4 as well? 

montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor
If on the device that is not receiving notification I switch account logging in with the admin, notification arrives normally.. so the problem is not the smartphone or the app, is just that the doorbell is not sending notification to every friend but only someone
RandyH2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Admin is iOS 3.6.5. It also occurred on 3.6.4. I also used a 4th phone to test using 3 friends. They are all Android. 2 of them 3.6.4. One is 3.6.6.

What i find is anytime a friend is added the last one added gets the notifications along with the admin. No one else. And deleting the last friend added does not always move it to another friend. You have to delete all friends and start over.
montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor
Yep same situation here

Are you saying that if I delete every friends... And i add them all together at the same time it will work? The problem is when I add a family member in a second moment?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? Which version of the Arlo mobile app do you have installed? The latest version are 3.6.6 & 3.6.8 for android. Android is a phased release, so you may not see the update in the play store just yet. 

RandyH2
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s still not working. Friend 1 & 2 are both Androids and updated to 3.6.8. Only friend 2 and me as the admin will get any notifications.

As I said before, it doesn’t matter which friend I add last, they are the ones that get the notifications. The first friend never does.
montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RandyH2 @RandyH2

A member from the L3 support team will be reaching out to you via email. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor
Sometimes it happens, the account that is not receiving notifications anymore login to arlo website from computer and notifications comes back again
Flustered
Aspirant
Aspirant

My sister on the west coast added me, on the east coast, as a guest to view cameras back in August.  She already had her daughter as a guest. And notifications were working perfectly. Things seemed to be working fine after adding me, but after about 24 hours, push notifications of activity stopped working for all three of us. She deleted me as a guest, I deleted my Arlo account, and everything went back to normal for them.

We tried adding me again as a guest, and once again push notifications has stopped working correctly for thentwo if them AND  this time I didn't even have the app on my phone, because we wanted to take this step by step.

We carefully followed all of Arlo's instructions for adding a guest.

Any insights why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor

Yes that's the problem..

Sometimes I solve logging in from computer.. sometimes deleting every guest and adding them in one single moment.. and they must accept from computer not from smartphone

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation