Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo service response

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

DAY 1

my doorbell video only shows the top of the screen when answered. When setting up a live call it works fine. this seems to be a known problem.

Dear craig, Welcome!

Hi. Good day! Thank you for choosing Arlo. My name is Nicks. I’m glad you contact us today to sort this out. I’ll make sure to resolve this issue today. Kindly give me a moment to review the conversation you had with our bot. Thank you.

hi, do you have a solution

Thank you for giving me the time to read your concern. Don't worry! We'll work together to resolve your concern in the best possible way.

Thank you for providing your information, Craig.

Can you provide me with a sample screenshot of the issue?

sure i'll and ring the bell now. (im surprised you dont recognise the issue straight off as it seems a known problem). Gimme 5min

All right.

ok i have 2 photos. one when i initiated a video, and one when i answerd the doorbell

All right. You can send that here.

File sent successfully

To attach the screenshot, click the paperclip icon on the left side of the chat window and attach the file from (Phone/ laptop/PC) storage.

Arlo Support is requesting a file

File sent successfully

All right. Got it, Craig.

2 files sent

To resolve the issue, what we are going to do is to reset the doorbell.

For us to do that, we need to remove the doorbell from the wall mount.

are you familiar with that as a fix to this problem?

hmm i guess not. I'll go and remove the doorbell and return with it

As of now, there is no reported an issue like that, Craig. Now, to isolate the issue, what are going to do is reset the device.

really...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-Video-Audio-issues-ONLY-happen...

Because the doorbell should show the whole screen whether it is portrait or landscape mode.

anyway, i have it here with me now

All right. Now, please remove the doorbell first to your account. To remove a device from your Arlo account: -Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.com. -Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select the device that you want to -remove. -Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap or click Remove Device. -Tap or click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the device.

Once done, please reset the device. To perform a reset on your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell with the reset button on the device: 1. Locate the release pin that came with your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell. Alternatively, you can also use a paperclip or a similar object. 2. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell for about 15 seconds.

The LED ring around the doorbell button on the front of the device flashes white when it successfully begins the reset process.

device removed from app

All right. Thank you. To perform a reset on your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell with the reset button on the device: 1. Locate the release pin that came with your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell. Alternatively, you can also use a paperclip or a similar object. 2. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell for about 15 seconds.

The LED ring around the doorbell button on the front of the device flashes white when it successfully begins the reset process.

All right. Since it might take a couple of minutes, you can contact us back. If the issue is still the same after you charge and reset the doorbell, Craig. I will also keep in touch on your email to make sure to resolve the issue.

Aside from this, would there be anything else that I can further assist you with?

no all good i'll charge and reconnect and see

thankyou

You are most welcome! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

DAY 2

Once again, thank you for choosing Arlo. For your future reference, this is your case number for this conversation 43174730. You can also visit our you may visit our website @ support.arlo.com and community.arlo.com.​Have a fantastic day and always stay safe!

Arlo Support has left the chat

i have done the above. the exact same problem is there

Sorry, I don't understand that. I'm still learning...

Try again with different words?

Contact Support

Please clarify/restate the question that I was not able to address, so the Arlo expert can review.

connect me to a person for conversation 43174730

I'll send the following details to an Arlo Expert to review.  Product Name: Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free (AVD2001) Question: connect me to a person for conversation 43174730

Agent connected

You are now chatting with Arlo Support

Dear craig, Welcome!

hi again

Thank you for choosing Arlo! My name is Divya. How are you doing today, craig?

well, not happy that ive purchased a few $1000's of arlo, and the doorbell is faulty

Please clarify/restate the question that I was not able to address, so the Arlo expert can review.

I'll send the following details to an Arlo Expert to review. Product Name: Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free (AVD2001) Question: connect me to a person for conversation 43174730

Agent connected

Dear craig, Welcome!

I'll send the following details to an Arlo Expert to review. Product Name: Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free (AVD2001) Question: connect me to a person for conversation 43174730

Agent connected

Dear craig, Welcome!

hi

Agent connected

Dear craig, Welcome!

dont want to chat with me huh?

Thank you for choosing Arlo, craig! My name is Divya and I am happy to assist you. Kindly give me 2 minutes to review the conversation you had with our bot.

sure. you have left our chat 3 times in the last 5 minutes btw...

Agent connected

Dear craig, Welcome!

any reason why you keep dropping off our chat?

=====

Pretty pathetic service @ Divya
Anyone else have a faulty doorbell that works ok when you set up a video, but only half the screen is there when answering a doorbell press?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Chosko

I took a look at you case with support and I viewed your screenshots. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

When did this issue first occur?

Did you happen to factory reset the camera with support and the issue still remains? 

It looks like the half screen issue occurs over an answered doorbell call but not a manually initiated live stream, is that correct? 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

Do you know which version of Android your phone is running? Does this occur with any other devices in your home?

Does this issue occur over wifi and mobile data?

Thanks!

Chosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously?

I've gone through this 5 times now.   Are there different folk working on my issue?

I have an identical doorbell working fine.   This one is faulty as I've described a few times now.  Pls send an RMA and swap for good.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation