Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant Access sitll on Pending status

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pietropardeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have tried since quite a while now to add my wife to our Video doorbell.

I have followed all the steps (I hope), which are the following. 

Starting to say that my Arlo Secure App is working perfectly. I went into the settings and then into the Grant Access part. I have added my email address and sent the request. She get the email and the only link into that email is to create an account. She created the account and logged in. Downloaded the App as well. What next? Once she enter into the My Arlo, the only option she get is to add a new Video Doorbell. There is nothing that would give the possibility to join the exiting Doorbell. On my account, the invite remails always pending, but I cannot find where she could accept the invite...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Coupla things:

- are you both using the same user interface? The old 3.x UI uses Library to view videos while the new 4.x UI uses Feed. Both must uses the same interface.

- Try using a computer to accept the invitation. For some reason that seems to work better.

You may need to delete her account in Grant Access and invite her again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pietropardeo wrote:

She get the email and the only link into that email is to create an account. She created the account and logged in.

Have her go back to that email on a PC, and click on "Create Account".

That will open the browser to my.arlo.com - from there she needs to log in again. That should result in the invite showing up as "accepted" in your account.

Note the "create account" link includes a token that is needed to complete the process.  Just creating the account on your own and logging in won't do it.  Also, the process often fails on the phone (no idea why).

If she still can't see the cameras after the invite shows up as "accepted", then post back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Coupla things:

- are you both using the same user interface? The old 3.x UI uses Library to view videos while the new 4.x UI uses Feed. Both must uses the same interface.

- Try using a computer to accept the invitation. For some reason that seems to work better.

You may need to delete her account in Grant Access and invite her again.

pietropardeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, it worked doing the same via computer only.

Via the app it was not working, but via computer it worked first time.

Thanks for the solution.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation