Every week I have to charge my wireless video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sagg1512
Follower
Follower

Every week I have to charge my wireless video doorbell. How can I prolong it's use?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sagg1512 wrote:

Every week I have to charge my wireless video doorbell. How can I prolong it's use?

The best way is to get low-voltage AC power to the doorbell.  Of course that might not be practical.  But if there are existing doorbell wires at that location, you could do that - making sure the transformer on the circuit is within the 8-24 vac, 10 va or more spec, and that there is a complete circuit.  There are also some plug-in adapters you could buy.

Assuming that is not practical: Since the doorbell camera cannot be aimed, the only other ways are

1. Reduce the amount of motion triggering.  Activity zones will NOT help. Use the motion detection test while approaching the doorbell, and find the lowest value that detects you reliably.  Then set the doorbell's threshold to slightly above that value.
  2. If the doorbell's purpose is only to alert you that someone is at the door (not to detect or record forced entry), you can also disarm/rearm the doorbell on a schedule.  The doorbell would still ring when someone presses it, and you can livestream it from the app even when it is disarmed. 
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation