Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Pvanduyne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new video doorbell and I am concerned about the motion detection distance...How soon or how many feet from the doorbell will it detect someone walking up to my property? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PIR sensors work to ~ 25 feet. I use a sensitivity setting of 25 which still gives me people approaching the porch at 20-25 feet away. I also use a zone that excludes the street so I don't get cars triggering recordings.

Pvanduyne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can only get motion detection up my walk way at about 12 feet from the doorbell and my sensitivity is set at 100% I can’t believe that yours is set at 25% and you still get activity at 20-25 feet away. I would love to have motion detection that far out! Wonder why mine won’t. Wonder what you did to get that to work like that.... humm

Anderson25
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free captures what traditional video doorbells can't. With more clarity, wider viewing angle, and rechargeable battery.

Pvanduyne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you think that the motion detection has anything to do with the Wi-Fi system?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't think so. Signal strength can certainly be an issue but that wouldn't be the cause of lack of detection. Post screenshots of the camera view as well as any zones in use.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation