Essential Video Doorbell and Chime - convert from wireless to wired

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
roderickdyson51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I wanted to convert my Video Doorbell from wireless to wired because it kept running out of battery. I hired an electrician to run wires from a transformer which is currently running at 18 volts AC as was demonstrated to me by the electrician.

I have tried with both the battery in the doorbell and without the battery but the doorbell is not getting the charge from the transformer. The battery just runs down as usual and I have to recharge it. Without the battery in the doorbell it shows no LED light and makes no sound.

Is there some setting that I need to change? When I added the doorbell to the base station (along with the cameras) I did so as a wireless doorbell because when I tried to add it as wired it asked all these questions about the wiring of the chime. It is Arlo Chime 2 and is wireless.

Any ideas please. Thanks, Rod - Sydney Australia

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Has the battery level dropped below 65%? For safety purposes, the doorbell will not resume charging when in the wired configuration until it drops below the 65% threshold. For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062518/Why-does-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wire-Free-battery-drain-even...

JamesC

roderickdyson51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, thanks very much for this helpful reply. I it enabled me to get the doorbell working again. However, despite being connected to continuous power from the transformer, the battery continues to lose power slowly. After several days it has gone down to 86%. Thanks, Rod Dyson

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@roderickdyson51 wrote:

Hi James, thanks very much for this helpful reply. I it enabled me to get the doorbell working again. However, despite being connected to continuous power from the transformer, the battery continues to lose power slowly. After several days it has gone down to 86%. Thanks, Rod Dyson

re-read post 2 above

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation