Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
taztassio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have an Arlo wire free doorbell, paid subscription, and numerous other cams plus a hub (that came with Arlo pro cams).

No matter what I try, reset, restart, remove etc, the doorbell is constantly stuck on firmware update. I'm at a point that if a fix can't be sorted, I'll be seeking a replacement.

1. Any final help?

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. Your device is still within the warranty period. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Yossarian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you have any luck at all with this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Yossarian 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Yossarian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two of my three cameras said firmware update, and neither would update from the app or the desktop.

The third did not say it needed an update.  None have recorded video since Friday.  I removed the batteries from the two "firmware" ones and left them out until I went from number 10 until number 4 in the chat queue.  Ten when I hit update on the desktop, they updated.
Back in the day, you light a cigarette and when it was done, you try the thing again. 
Now you wait until you are almost being helped.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It appears your Pro 4 cameras are up to date on the latest firmware, are you still experiencing this issue? 

Yossarian
Aspirant
Aspirant

They recorded for a few hours and then stopped.

I can't log in for camera paying at this point, just a special of "connecting.". Nothing has changed in the placement or distance of the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yossarian: Have you tried removing/reinserting the batteries on the Pro 4 cameras?

Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Runs for 5 minutes or so then states "Firmware update is available". Still stuck, tried multiple times. Removed battery and re-installed. I've noticed battery drains excessively fast as well for the last few months. Put in 2 hours ago and already down to 83%. Usually only last a day. Used to last for months, but I figured it was due to the unseasonably cold temperatures. Along with the inability to work with HomeKit, I'm debating on removing altogether and moving to a new product and take the loss of $199 plus tax. Too bad, nice camera. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback regarding this, I will have the team investigate this and I will report back as soon as possible. 

Yossarian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did, two messages above.

Still no video on any cameras except from about 1630 on April 18 to 1325 on April 19.

Extremely disappointed in the cameras and the disjointed troubleshooting process, if you can call it that.
Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but not feeling this. I'm taking it off my door. It's basically a paperweight that can only keep a charge for a few hours. I've ordered a Aqara G4 that will be here tomorrow. I'm sure it will have its issues but at least I get Apple secure video which Arlo has been promising for almost a year and a half. I'm done.

taztassio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Think I'll have to. 

Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to get a credit or refund on this doorbell? I purchased this from Arlo directly in December of 2022. I have replaced it with the new Aqara G4 which I've hardwired and is working like a dream with Apple HomeKit secure video. I have 6 other Arlo cameras around my house. Additionally, I now have another Pro 3 that is no longer showing video feeds that I need to replace. I've had to throw out another Pro 3 that did the same a few months ago. I purchased 2 more Essential Spotlights from Amazon. This is getting quite expensive replacing these every few months. I've been a loyal user for a few years can I get a break Arlo? Plus you're getting money from me every month. Help please! 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cdub62 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing with your cameras?

Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave it waiting and installed the Aqara G4 doorbell. I have it wired to a power supply purchased from Amazon. It's integrated with HomeKit secure video and works perfectly. Since the Arlo Doorbell was a refurbished device from Amazon I had no refund recourse so I ended up throwing it away. 😞

Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave up waiting and installed the Aqara G4 doorbell. I have it wired to a power supply purchased from Amazon. It's integrated with HomeKit secure video and works perfectly. Since the Arlo Doorbell was a refurbished device from Amazon I had no refund recourse so I ended up throwing it away. 😞

Cdub62
Aspirant
Aspirant

On 2 Arlo Pro 3's with latest firmware they just stopped capturing video. They were connected to wi-fi perfectly, fully charged wired to power. I tried added to different HUB, renaming etc. The camera components basically failed. I have e-wasted them along with the Essential wireless doorbell.

I experienced he same issue with 2 Arlo Pro 2's a year and a half or so. I have replaced them with Essential Spotlights. I have one Ultra and 1 Pro 3 left out of six cameras in total. One of which is and Indoor essential in my garage that I switched out from one of the recent Pro 3's that failed. I love my Arlo Cameras which are light years better than the Ring and  Reolink offerings I had prior. Although as soon as I find a HomeKit Secure video outdoor Camera with Arlo's quality, I will jump ship as I hate being forced to pay monthly fee's for cloud storage I don't need to get full functionality. I hate that business model. But again love the quality. Just being honest with the community.

kmoriarty
Aspirant
Aspirant

New doorbell cannot get it to connect to any device. It says firmware update will take 5 minutes but the doorbell stops flashing after a few minutes and does not update!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A brute force method but remove the doorbell from your account, reset it and then onboard it again.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

It's also possible that if you reinstall the doorbell battery to reboot it, the new firmware may show up.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation