Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Can someone please paste a picture of the charger/cable for the Wireless doorbell Model: AVD2001?  I can't find the one that came with the doorbell.  I also did not find it on the Arlo Accessories store website.  Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

P.S.  The USB "female" connection on the battery is tiny.  All of my USB cables, including the ones with small connectors are too big to connect to the battery.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
@Joe737 wrote:

Can someone please paste a picture of the charger/cable for the Wireless doorbell Model: AVD2001? 

It didn't come with a charger, but it did have a cable.  Not sure where mine went (I have a drawer full of Arlo cables, and don't know which one came with the AVD2001).

@Joe737 wrote:

P.S.  The USB "female" connection on the battery is tiny.  All of my USB cables, including the ones with small connectors are too big to connect to the battery.

It uses a standard microUSB cable (not the newer USB-C). 

I have quite a few of these (many not from Arlo) and tried several on the battery.  They all fit ok.  I am wondering if you are trying to use USB-C or perhaps miniUSB.  USB-C connectors are about the same size, but have a different shape and won't fit.  The miniUSB connector is quite a bit thicker than microUSB, so won't fit either. 

FWIW, miniUSB wasn't used for very long - phones quickly became too thin to use them, so the market shifted to microUSB.  Then as laptops have gotten thinner, microUSB has given way to USB-C.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile I haven't tried many different cables on my doorbell batteries, I kinda think you may be using the wrong connector type on the cable. It should be a microUSB, not a miniUSB. You could take the battery to any store that sells USB cables (Staples, BestBuy, Home Depot, etc.) and test-fit to make sure it will work.

Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  I finally found the correct USB cable. 

Joe

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation