Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell notifications

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Matt_B
Follower
Follower
After setting up my doorbell and Arlo Smart with it I realised I skipped the notification bit and I now get notifications for all people, animals, vehicles and packages. Is there a way of changing this so it’s just people I get notifications for? Do I have to reset the doorbell and go through the set up again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Matt_B wrote:
After setting up my doorbell and Arlo Smart with it I realised I skipped the notification bit and I now get notifications for all people, animals, vehicles and packages. Is there a way of changing this so it’s just people I get notifications for? Do I have to reset the doorbell and go through the set up again?

You can change the notifications in the app or in the web interface - no need to set up the doorbell again.

In the web ui (my.arlo.com), click on settings, then "smart notifications" on the left pane, then select the camera.  You'll see a toggle switch for each notification type.  Note these control the notifications - recordings are still made for all classifications.

BTW, cloud recordings and smart notifications (among other features) do require a paid subscription after your trial ends.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Matt_B wrote:

You can change the notifications in the app or in the web interface - no need to set up the doorbell again.

In the web ui (my.arlo.com), click on settings, then "smart notifications" on the left pane, then select the camera.  You'll see a toggle switch for each notification type.  Note these control the notifications - recordings are still made for all classifications.

BTW, cloud recordings and smart notifications (among other features) do require a paid subscription after your trial ends.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation