Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell doesn’t record to library anymore

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Taub
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tickets opened with support but no contact now for two days.
Left with a security camera which is useless.
Wifi connected device does not record to library.

Arlo refuse to acknowledge the issue on their status board.

Truly frustrated with them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud side fix was release that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Taub wrote:

Wifi connected device does not record to library.

Do you have a subscription?  Usually this happens when the trial subscription ends.

cmj01
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem and agree Arlo are useless. We rely on them to provide reliable security. Expecting financial compensation.
Taub
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep. An active subscription non-wifi devices working normally. Anything wifi connected has now not been recording for 3 days.
Arlo engineers are allegedly working on the issue but even so. Seems a poor tech company who can’t roll back a change which has caused issues.

I’ve lost faith in them as a security provider.
Taub
Aspirant
Aspirant
Indeed.. what an awful security company.

Shall be changing my setup. You buy security products for security. When the provider has been down for >3 days you wonder whether there is any competence.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently reviewing reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud side fix was release that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Ash_mck
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just renewed my subscription yesterday because I realized the recording stopped. It is still not recording any videos. It shows I have 18 notifications but the video screen is blank (no recordings)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras to verify that the camera is activated?

LyndaE
Initiate
Initiate
Do you have to have a subscription for the videos to record to the library.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LyndaE,

Yes an active Arlo Secure trial or subscription plan is required for content to be saved to the library. For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation