Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IanOBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo doorbell and chime which worked prior to changing the hub. The hub is a Vodafone Power hub DSL with Wi-Fi 6 and operates at 5 GHz. I have set up the hub, so it operates on 2.4 GHz which is compatible with the requirements of the doorbell and chime. I know this works as I had no problems with setting up the chime which is now linked to the hub.

My problem is that the doorbell will not read the QR Code. I have to place the pin in the back of the doorbell and keep it pressed in for approximately 10 seconds before the bell push perimeter lights start flashing white. If I depress the pin the flashing lights stop after a couple of seconds.

I have followed all the fault suggestions including using an alternative phone, but the doorbell will not read the QR Code, there is no acknowledgement signal.

The doorbell is a Model AVD2001. Any suggestions please!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IanOBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with Arlo Support and they kindly talked me through what I had to do, as a result the doorbell is up and running. They did an excellent  job.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The small QR code can be quite problematic for scanning. When trying to view it during the setup via the app, try pinch zooming to enlarge it. If nothing else, take a picture of it and print it out larger.

IanOBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat,

Many thanks for your response. I have tried your suggestion previously, as it is mentioned as part of the Arlo fault finding solutions. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

IanOBoyd
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN any suggestions?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.

IanOBoyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with Arlo Support and they kindly talked me through what I had to do, as a result the doorbell is up and running. They did an excellent  job.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation