Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kevinjesse7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got new internet and successfully paired my Arlo pro 4 camera. When trying to connect my doorbell I was unable to. I followed the instructions in case I overlooked something and nothing worked. I then followed the instructions to factory reset the camera in which seemed to be successful. When following the steps to connect to the new internet (my phone was on same network and right next to the router) I would get the successful tone when taking an image of the QR code, but would never find the arlo device then time out. I did a speed test and confirmed my network connection is sufficient (>60mbps). I then removed the device from my list on the app. I am now not able to add the device back to my list at all. When trying to sync my device the doorbell led will not flash. I need some help on how to remedy this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevinjesse7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed these steps a couple of times which worked to a certain extent. It still failed everytime I searched for the device. I also reset my router and still didn't work. I called and spoke to a live agent and she walked me through these same steps, bit had me turn off my phone data. Then it worked within 30 seconds of searching for the device. My phone was connected through wifi, but also must have some signal interference with with my mobile data since it is 5G network. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try doing a hardware reset using the release pin on the back of the doorbell.

There are photos here:

If you've lost track of the release pin, a small paperclip will serve.

Kevinjesse7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed these steps a couple of times which worked to a certain extent. It still failed everytime I searched for the device. I also reset my router and still didn't work. I called and spoke to a live agent and she walked me through these same steps, bit had me turn off my phone data. Then it worked within 30 seconds of searching for the device. My phone was connected through wifi, but also must have some signal interference with with my mobile data since it is 5G network. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevinjesse7 wrote:

My phone was connected through wifi, but also must have some signal interference with with my mobile data since it is 5G network. 

The 5G mobile network has nothing to do with 5 ghz wifi (and uses different frequencies).  The "5G" bit stands for "fifth generation".

More likely is that the app was trying to find the doorbell using the mobile network instead of the wifi network.  That of course won't work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation