Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delay notification

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BooIJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is quite a lot of delay in the signal before you get a notification. Is this because I still have a trial version and will it get better if I have a monthly subscription? Or is there something else that can be done about this? The doorbell has a good wifi signaal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try using the phone's settings to set the Arlo app to not use battery optimization although I don't have much hope for that. It's an OS thing...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Having the trial subscription makes no difference. What usually is the issue is the phone's reaction to sleep mode. I find if the phone has been sleeping only a few minutes notifications come very quickly. After that there may be a more significant delay of several seconds before the phone checks to see if notifications are waiting.

BooIJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
And there's nothing you can do about that? So it's the problem of the phone and not the doorbell or cloud? Or wil there come a firmware update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try using the phone's settings to set the Arlo app to not use battery optimization although I don't have much hope for that. It's an OS thing...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation