Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lozz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 
I have had this issue for the past year of having my doorbell and have reported multiple times to Arlo support with no help. 

When someone rings the doorbell I am not getting a call notification on my mobile (an odd occasion I might & it works on other's devices)
I have all permissions / notifications set and have reinstalled the device multiple times to no avail. 

This has lead me to miss multiple interactions over video with guests/deliveries etc.

On top of this I find that it is not recording all motion as I have had people go to my door but it hasn't recorded it or it won't record for the full time someone is at my door.

Any assistance is appreciated. x

6 REPLIES 6
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi!

For the incoming calls let try following these steps and see if it is perhaps a setting that is not on correctly.

How do I receive phone calls or voice messages from my Arlo Doorbell?

And for the motion detection let's check the sensitivity.

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Lozz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brooke, 

I have done all the troubleshooting. Been on calls and chats to different staff who all told me to do the same thing. 
I have de installed and re installed the device and app multiple times.

When ever I am home and connected to wifi I will receive the phone call when someone presses the door bell. 
When not home it rarely happens. Occasionally I will get the call from doorbell call but have missed more deliveries and people at my door than I receive. This is the major problem.

I always get motion detected notifications if home or not. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To gather more information when the deliveries come do they ring the doorbell? It is sending notifications for all motion correct? 

Lozz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not all deliveries press the doorbell but I have had people press the doorbell and I don't receive the call on my mobile - when I look at recordings I can see someone has clearly pressed the button but I didn't get the call.

It send me a notification and records a lot of movement but not everything. 
I have people come to my door and there be no motion notification at all. I know this because its happened when I have had a delivery / asked someone to drop by but there is no recording of them being there. 

It has me a bit worried as if something were to happen there will be no recording. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lozz wrote:

It send me a notification and records a lot of movement but not everything. 
I have people come to my door and there be no motion notification at all. I know this because its happened when I have had a delivery / asked someone to drop by but there is no recording of them being there. 

On the deliveries - often I have seen delivery folks toss or slide the package onto my porch.  In those cases they are often too far away to trigger the motion detection (and the package is usually too small to trigger it).

Lozz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen, 
That would be funny/frustrating if that's the case as it picks up other movement that isn't as central on the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation