Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
FtP59
Tutor
Tutor

Though I have the updated firmware (1.16.1.1_3260_facf74c) in the VMB4500 I cannot get the wireless doorbell to connect to the Base Station.  The phone app always defaults to my router.  I received a notice to get video from my doorbell, after the free 90 days expired, I must sign up for at least your $9.99/mo. plan, which I already have via my Base Station account.  So, to avoid having two accounts I am trying to connect the doorbell to the Base Station, but again, the app always defaults to the router/Wi-Fi.  How do I get the phone app to search for the Base Station?  I am using an iOS system.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted many times here and in the docs, currently the wireless doorbell only connects to WiFi. Perhaps a firmware update will correct this.

FtP59
Tutor
Tutor

So this was an erroneous statement and the update has not been done, ever a year later?  If I recall, the update did not work at first but Arlo made corrections and people were able to connect to the base station soon after.  Any insight would be helpful.  Thanks.

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Jason_A_Alex  @arlouser33024  @bubbie72 

Update - March 29, 2020

Arlo Base Station- VMB4000 and VMB4500 are now compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell.  Please ensure that your base-station firmware is updated to the latest version, as listed below:

VMB4000   1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

VMB4500   1.16.1.1_3260_facf74c

Thanks!

FtP59
Tutor
Tutor

A year ago it was posted that Arlo had updated the firmware and the 4500 would work with the doorbell camera.  I have the firmware they said was required, yet it does not work.  Others go their base stations to work as those too were reported to have updated firmware, though they were not 4500 Base Stations.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The WIRED doorbells can connect to a base. The WIRELESS ones can't yet.

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

The wireless CAN'T. Not CAN'T yet. As long as there is no firmware upgrade, and no communication from Arlo, don't let customers think that there could be an option that one day it COULD. It cannot, and if this is mandatory for you, don't buy it until it officially provides that feature.

johovishta
Initiate
Initiate

I was disappointed that when I tried to connect my brand new Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-free that it does not connect to my VMB4500 but only to my WiFi network (all firmware updated / OSX).

This is a pain because it means the doorbell can't simply share the same modes as my other 4 cameras 😞  Seems like this should be fixable with a firmware update as indicated. But confirm other poster that it doesn't work as yet....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello @JamesC ,

What do you mean with "latest" ? 

I am running VMB5000 Firmware 1.17.0.0_1117_6ba79e5
AVD2001Aer1.2 Firmware 1.2.0.0_621_903a525_c998ba4
And my Android app is not asking me which mode the wireless doorbell shall connect. It's WiFi and that's it.

Could you please share the firmware versions which are required, or share with us the procedure to proceed to the switch ? 
Thanks ! 

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess you also need to have the newest app. 3.5.10 seems to introduce a change in the process of including the doorbell. I will check tomorrow during the day, to see if it works. It is now dark, and raining outside !

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation