Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sonews
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I used port forwarding to acces my videos outside my home but it's not secure.

I tried to configure a VPN (PureVPN, NordVPN etc.) in my Huawei B535-333 router but it's not working.

Does anyone ever done that ? where can i find a tuto to configure a VPN acces to local storage from outside ?

Thank you for your help

So

1 REPLY 1
Anneellis
Initiate
Initiate

@Sonews wrote:

Hello,

I used port forwarding to acces my videos outside my home but it's not secure.

I tried to configure a VPN (PureVPN, NordVPN etc.) in my Huawei B535-333 router but it's not working.

Does anyone ever done that ? where can i find a tuto to configure a VPN acces to local storage from outside ?  Mycustomerjourney

Thank you for your help

So

Hello,

Configuring a VPN access to local storage from outside your home network can be challenging, but it is essential for maintaining security. Using port forwarding is not recommended as it exposes your network to potential security risks. To set up a secure VPN access, follow these general steps:

Choose a reliable VPN service provider that supports router integration. Providers like PureVPN or NordVPN usually offer tutorials for router configurations.

Ensure your Huawei B535-333 router supports VPN functionality. Check the router's user manual or visit the manufacturer's website for information on VPN compatibility.

Log in to your router's web interface using the default IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.1) and admin credentials.

Navigate to the VPN settings section and input the necessary VPN configuration details provided by your VPN service provider.

Save the settings and test the VPN connection. Make sure you can connect to the VPN from a device within your home network first.

Configure port forwarding for your Arlo Base station separately from the VPN setup. Use a different port for the VPN and avoid using the default port for added security.

Ensure that your local storage (videos) are properly protected with strong passwords and access controls to prevent unauthorized access.

I hope the information may helps you. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation