Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 cannot setup

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
SRde94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Impossible to connect the Chime 2 to my IPhone.

Scanned the QR code, Chime then wants to connect to an ARLO server address.

If I select the said ARLO server address, I need to input a password which I do not have.

If I let the Chime 2 try to connect to the ARLO server it can't and thus is unable to join the ARLO server and I am unable to connect the Chime 2.

I have tried 20 times in the past few hours and frankly I am not happy at all.

There must be a way to solve this? We are 2022.....

Any help much apprecaited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Agraichen, Lowcee

At what point in the process listed above are you experiencing the failure? What error message do you see?

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SRde94,

After scanning the QR code on your Chime 2, the next step in the process should be to connect your mobile device to the temporary WiFi network created by the chime. This should happen automatically after accepting the connection and does not require a password. You then will be prompted to connect to your home WiFi network which requires your network SSID and password. Once the Chime is found, you can name it and complete installation. After completing these steps, the Chime 2 should show up as connected on your Arlo account.

JamesC

Agraichen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue!  Plus the chime 2 doesn’t reset to factory when following the instructions.  Very frustrating.

Agraichen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like the original poster, I’m having the same issues.  The connection fails consistently.

Lowcee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have given up trying to connect my Chime 2 with my iPhone and Eero mesh. Three days with tech support. USELESS! Going back to Best Buy.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Agraichen, Lowcee

At what point in the process listed above are you experiencing the failure? What error message do you see?

JamesC

Mezzo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, this product just will not connect. 3 days now of trying and I give up. Just get stuck in a loop after scanning the QR code with it saying it can’t connect. Have tried all sorts.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mezzo,

Do you have any special characters in your SSID/Password for your home network?

JamesC

Lowcee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I do. Not changing it.

I no longer have the chime. Returned it.

Thanks for the help.

Lowcee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Endlessly.

Thanks.

BlueDino73
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, I don't know if you got it resolved but I tried for 2days to get mine to work. I spoke to tech at Arlo and after being on the phone for over 30mins it finally started working........only after I'd run an extension lead to directly under my router and plugged the Chime in for set up. It took around 5 mins but is now up and running. If you haven't done so already and try this process that make sure you hold the sync button for over 10 seconds to get the flashing white light (whilst powered) and start the process again. I have now moved the chime to the location I need it and all working well.

Hope this helps you or anyone from this day struggling like we have.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

BaffledObserver
Initiate
Initiate
  • I have tried every few weekends  for months to connect the Chime 2 (the two units I bought on the possibility the first was a dud) and perused all the conversations that Arlo has closed out that I could find, noting that many closed without resolution. . Have tried solutions in some of the closed message streams with no luck. They seem to ignore the problems that are noted in a variety of message streams. Have not seen your solution.  Could you provide more specifics re this: only after I'd run an extension lead to directly under my router and plugged the Chime in for set up.  What "extension lead did you run and what did you connect it to?  Thx. 
BlueDino73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.l, all I meant was I plug the Chime 2 as close to the router as possible to make a solid connection. All the plug sockets are in use by the router so had to run an extension instead. If you’re using IOS also make sure you have the latest update on the app. I deleted and downloaded again just to be sure. Once the Chime was next to the router it connected ok. Hope this helps! 

BaffledObserver
Initiate
Initiate

Oh. I see. Thanks much for the quick response. I have the Chime  2 ( as well as another I bought on the misguided hope the first was screwed up) within 8 feet of the router but will try again closer.  Have downloaded, uploaded, updated, synced more times that I can count. If it were not for the fact that 4 of the five installed cameras work well, I would throw everything away and move to another product.  

AdriftCDR
Initiate
Initiate

I was having the same frustrating experience trying to install my new Chime2 as others on this page: multiple efforts with “failed to connect” error (and flashing red/amber light 10 times in the first few seconds trying to connect to my WiFi network. I have an Arlo base station and Arlo video door bell and a couple Arlo2 cameras. Out of desperation, I changed my wireless password to eliminate the special characters and the Chime2 immediately connected on the next attempt. 

BlueDino73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good tip to add - didn’t think of that. I haven’t got the base station so that could be another issue! Good luck people

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation