Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 & Essential Video Doorbell - No chime when button pressed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Merlin_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Essential Video Doorbell (Wire free) and the Chime 2.  Both are connected directly to Wi-fi, both have a strong connection.  The doorbell shows it is paired to the chime and the chime shows it is paired to the doorbell. - All good so far.  In the Doorbell settings it shows in the melody section which chime sound I have set, I can select it, change the volume of the chime and hear the correct melody play from the Chime 2, still all good.

Here is the problem in the Doorbell settings under Traditional Chime is says "Not Connected" and when the doorbell is pressed there is no sound from the Chime.  This is the case both in normal mode and in silent mode with the chime enabled.  How is it possible to select the volume of the chime in the doorbell settings yet it shows not connected in the traditional chime setting?  All I want is to hear the sound from the chime when the doorbell is pressed - not too much to ask.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The traditional chime is one that would have been used with your old-style doorbell button. If you don't have one or don't want to use it, Not Connected is correct.

However, the lack of chime from the Arlo chime is the issue. I would start by removing the chime from your system, use the following link to reset it and then add it back in, including the pairing. If that doesn't work, then I would remove both the doorbell and chime, reset both and start fresh.

https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime-or-Arlo-Chime-2

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Merlin_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I have now fixed this issue.  It boils down to user accounts.  I installed the chime 2 with one user account and paired the chime 2 to the doorbell using the main user account.

The solution is to remove the Chime 2 and follow the whole setup of the Chime 2 from scratch using the main user account as this has all the access rights needed.

Hope this helps others who fall into the same trap I did.  - Every day is a learning day

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation