Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
george_c
Tutor
Tutor

I am adding another chime2 to the doorbell but it will not connect to the WiFi router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
george_c
Tutor
Tutor

I reset the Chime2 again and finally made the connection. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
george_c
Tutor
Tutor

I will give that a shot.

george_c
Tutor
Tutor

That did not help.

After I scan the QR code, plug in the chime, then tap on "YES, CONTINUE" the screen shows an attempting to connect, but after a couple minutes an error message comes up:

"Unable to join Arlo_2ZVV Please make sure the chime you scanned is plugged in.  (CANCEL / TRY AGAIN)"

I have tried this now dozens of times.

Interestingly, if I look at my WiFi connection screen, I have an available network with the name "Arlo_2ZVV" and a comment "Authentication error occurred." If I tap on it, a screen comes up requesting a password, but I do not know what that could be.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while since I set up a chime but I believe you have to connect to the chime's WiFi (the Arlo_2ZVV) for setup. You may need to do this manually as you step through the setup process.

george_c
Tutor
Tutor

But I do not have the password to sign into the device.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

george_c,

The Chime 2 will broadcast a connection to your mobile device during setup, this is used to hand off information from the Chime to your mobile device and network. There is no password for this, it should complete automatically. Do you have any other mobile devices you could try using during setup to see if you experience the same behavior?

Additional troubleshooting steps can be found here:

What do I do when Arlo fails to discover my Arlo Chime 2?

JamesC

george_c
Tutor
Tutor

That is what I have been trying to do, even with the router, smartphone and Chime2 in the same room.  I also tried signing on directly; that's where the password is needed.

I already had joined another Chime2 previously (see my first post) so I think the problem is with the ringer and not my smartphone.

george_c
Tutor
Tutor

I reset the Chime2 again and finally made the connection. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation