Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I link the Arlo Essential Wirteless Video Doorbell to my VMS3330 Hub

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PeteLud
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo VMS3330 s camera and base unit. I am considering purchasing the  Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell. Can I link that to my existing base unit?

Also with the video Doorbell does any footage remain on the cloud and is there a cost for storing video footage?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeteLud wrote:

I have the Arlo VMS3330 s camera and base unit. I am considering purchasing the  Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell. Can I link that to my existing base unit?

The AVD2001 can't be paired with any base, but Arlo says that feature is coming for some bases.  

But I don't think they will provide that feature with your old base.  There are quite a few newer cameras that can't be paired with the VMB3000.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

Note the reference to "Wire-Free"in the VMB3000 camera list refers to the original Arlo camera - not the doorbell.

PeteLud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your quick reply. That was very useful. I have one further question. I have a wireless ordinary doorbell with a sounder in the hall and an additional sounder plugged in to the main electric socket in my study. Can I remove the ordinary doorbell push and link the Arlo Video Doorbell to the wifeless sounders in the hall and study?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeteLud wrote:

Also with the video Doorbell does any footage remain on the cloud and is there a cost for storing video footage?

Forgot to mention this.  The video doorbell does require a paid subscription for cloud storage. 

@PeteLud wrote:

have a wireless ordinary doorbell with a sounder in the hall and an additional sounder plugged in to the main electric socket in my study. Can I remove the ordinary doorbell push and link the Arlo Video Doorbell to the wifeless sounders in the hall and study?

No, the doorbell isn't compatible with other wireless doorbell systems.  It will work with most wired digital or mechanical chimes (there's more details on the AC voltage and amperage needed in the faqs) 

PeteLud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Peter

DerHerzog
Star
Star

I cant believe we are still waiting for this to be added...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation