Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Enaades
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased the new wireless doorbell. I see the community has had some of the same issues by the doorbell is disconnecting from the wifi, and appears offline. 

I have superstable 500/500gb connection, and the signal strength on the doorbell shows up strong. There are no hickup in my wifi, and concludes that this is an Arlo software issue I guess. 

As this is a new gadget I often log on the app just to see and play around, but the offline message appears almost every other time I open the app. Also same if I log on via laptop. This issue drives me nuts.. Is there any solution for his issue dear Arlo?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A strong signal doesn't preclude possible 2.4GHz interference from some wireless device, perhaps near the doorbell. One thing I would try would be to reset the doorbell and start fresh to see if that helps.

Enaades
Aspirant
Aspirant

After posting the original issue, the offline mode became permanently. And also the doorbell stopped detecting movements and sending me alerts. 

I therefore charged the battery (even if it was at 80%), reset the doorbell, removed the device in the app, and are now trying to reconnect. 
The issue is now that the doorbell just will not reconnect, it stops at step reading QR code. It will not read the code and there is no sound signal for confirmation. 

Have tried diferend light settings on the phone, also covering the infrared on the camera. Have tried multiple times reset. Nothing. It will not reconnect. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware issue.

EddyDM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I first was able to connect my doorbel to my Wifi

I added the doorbel to one of my accounts (office) 

Everything went well until at a certain point the bell disconnected from my wifi, and the rare times it worked, it tool quite some time before my phone rang after someone pressed the bell..

I removed the doorbell from the office Arlo account, and created a new (home) account

I tried to reconnect the wireless doorbell to my wifi : the bell does'nt read the QR code, no matter what I tried (see support suggestions)

How do I go on from here? How do I reset to factory setting for wireless doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation