Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
realbehan88
Follower
Follower
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and if so a fix. Today I had an alert the doorbell had picked up a person outside my property. When I check the app I can see a still image of someone walking towards the side of my property but the video will not play.
I have tried downloading the video to my phone which pops up with an error and tried sharing it to my email, but the video will still not play. Reall annoying as the camera has been great since I fitted it 3 months a go, but the one time I need it to work to see what this person was doing at my property the video will not play.
Thanks in advance for any advice
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a corrupted video. You can try the free VLC to see if it will play it (it'll play videos that many others can't). How long is the video as shown in the library?

BobDole
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed the ~same symptom yesterday with all three of my arlo pro cameras and have yet to recover.  It also doesn't show live video, on the web or app, though videos do exist, and you can even get still frames by playing with the time slider and play/pause.  I still get reasonable motion notifications and the web view shows previews of those recordings, but even downloading the mp4 and playing with VLC or whatever does not work.  So, the "corrupt video" theory sounds plausible, but I just wish it wasn't also universal.  Oh, one other odd thing is that in the app, I'm often asked to re-authenticate, e.g. when accessing settings or switching to device view, but I never actually get to settings.. 

Sherrylee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 of the camera's plus doorbell and I am so disappointed in the door bell thinking about sell the all and getting something different.
Sherrylee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same questions, why can't you get ahold of someone by phone that can help you.  All I want to do is setup my doorbell so it will record video.  If I don't get an answer soon I am going to sell this and get another!!!!  NOT ARLO 

Sherrylee
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have 4 camera's and then bought the arlo doorbell separate.  my free subscription ran out and i want it back.  i have been trying for days to get ahold of someone with no luck.  i think it is a darned shame that you can't reach anyone by phone, makes me sorry i ever bought arlo anything.  please let me know what i need to do to get recording on my doorbell.

sherry lee

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sherrylee,

For the doorbell to record video you need to have an active trial plan or Arlo Secure subscription.

For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000056588/How-do-I-subscribe-to-Arlo-Secure

JamesC

Sherrylee
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, I think I got it.  I was wondering, can you pay subscription for the whole year????  Thank you for your help, now if I got everything right and it works.  

Sherry Lee

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sherrylee,

Subscriptions are automatically charged on a monthly basis as long as the credit card on record is active and up to date at the time of renewal.

JamesC

Sherrylee
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I now have a new problem.  My doorbell is making video's, but when ringing the doorbell, no sound on my Arlo Chime or my phone.  What do I need to do now.  I am 71 years old and not to good with this kind of thing.  I appreciate your help.

Sherry Lee

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sherrylee wrote:

My doorbell is making video's, but when ringing the doorbell, no sound on my Arlo Chime or my phone. 

Go into the doorbell settings, and make sure that "silent mode" is turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation