Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell - Not Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
amars34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone, 

It’s going on two weeks now that my Arlo Video doorbell stopped working. It no longer records upon motion detection. I have been discussing with Arlo customer service and have gotten no where. I have tried multiple troubleshooting steps, checked the settings, even reset and removed/re-added to the account, the issue persists. I am questioning whether Arlo will honor their warranty? I have requested multiple times and they come back with repeated troubleshooting steps to try. Clearly the device is faulty.

I have the Arlo subscription and other Arlo cameras which have worked decently, however my experience with their customer support has been less than acceptable and I am considering canceling Arlo altogether. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many others have had their devices replaced under warranty. Use Support and press for a replacement if still under warranty.

NZBoatie
Initiate
Initiate

Mine worked until my subscription ran out. 

I have a hub and local storage.

All of my other devices record to my local storage. There is no literature that says my doorbell would not do the same.

Arlo's advertising lead you to believe you can watch recordings from your local storage. Misleading advertising if you ask me.

Online help chat just disconnected from me. Very unprofessional!

Would no longer recommend the product

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NZBoatie wrote:

Arlo's advertising lead you to believe you can watch recordings from your local storage.

You can if you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  With the other older bases (up to VMB4500), you need to eject the local storage and connect it to a PC to view the videos.

People with older cameras and hubs often assume that they are watching locally stored recordings, when in fact they are using the free 7-day cloud recording that was offered with those cameras.  Arlo stopped offering that with new camera models a long time ago (back in 2018), but many people still get tripped up by that change.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation